Do you ever feel like a team is better (or worse) than their win/loss record suggests? Do you wish you had a way to measure that impression?
Here’s a stat that might scratch your itch: I call it Gold Spent Percentage Difference (GSPD).
In simple terms, GSPD measures the gap in how much gold both teams have spent at the end of the game. A large positive GSPD (+10% or higher) shows that the team had spent a lot more gold than their opponents, while a large negative GSPD (-10% or lower) shows that the team had spent a lot less gold.
Using average GSPD, we can spot the teams who are ranked higher or lower than their performances seem to warrant. Continue reading Measuring the Margins: Gold Spent Percentage Difference
Welcome to a League Leaders edition of Scrying Orb. Here are 10 quick stats from weeks 1 to 8 of the 2015 NA LCS Spring Split. All statistics are drawn from the Oracle’s Elixir 2015 Spring Split Player Statistics page.
- Kills: TSM WildTurtle leads the league in kills at 99.
- Deaths: CST Cris has died more than anyone in NA, with 65 deaths.
- Damage to Champions: TSM Bjergsen has done the most total damage to champions (383,500), followed by GV Cop (352,200).
- Creep Score: GV Cop has the highest total CS this split (5.863), barely ahead of CLG DoubleLift’s 5,719.
- Gold per Minute: CLG DoubleLift has the highest average earned GPM* at 309.6.
- Gold Share: The ADC incarnation of WFX Altec gets the highest share of his team’s gold at 30%, followed by Cop’s 29%.
- Non-ADC Gold Share: The highest gold share for a non-ADC goes to TIP XiaoWeiXiao, who ranks 9th overall.
- Gold Lead @ 10 Minutes: The player with the highest average gold lead over their lane opponent at 10 minutes is TL Quas, with an average 318.8 gold lead, followed by TSM Bjergsen at 293.8. (Bonus Note: Bjergsen is the more consistent of the two, having never lost his lane match-up at 10 minutes, while Quas has been behind by 50+ gold twice.)
- Ward Placement: The Support incarnation of WFX Altec placed the most wards per minute on average (1.36), but among players with at least 10 games in their position, TL Xpecial places the most wards per minute at 1.29.
- Ward Clearing: WFX Altec, as Support, cleared 0.50 wards per minute on average, but among players with at least 10 games at their position, CLG Xmithie is the ward-clearing champion, at 0.39.
* Note: “earned” GPM excludes starting gold (475) and inherent gold-per-minute (1.9 per second, starting at 90 seconds). This statistic is also different from the one reported on lolesports.com because it is an average of all games, not an addition of all games, to reduce the influence of game length.