Gravity’s final game of the 2015 Spring Split, an important clash with Team 8 to secure a playoff spot, was a master class in Thresh play, courtesy of Bunny FuFuu, arguably the best Thresh player in North America today. Bunny ended the game with a 0/1/13 scoreline, and perhaps more importantly, he was responsible for getting the ball rolling for his AD Carry, Cop, who hard carried the victory with a 12/0/4.
That performance led Bunny’s teammate Keane to tweet this the following day:
Keane may have been trolling, or baiting, or playing some other kind of mind game, but he was absolutely right: Gravity’s opponents, most notably their upcoming playoff foes Team Impulse, should probably ban Thresh. Continue reading Ban Out Bunny: How Bunny FuFuu’s Thresh Dominance May Hurt Gravity in the Playoffs
Welcome to a League Leaders edition of Scrying Orb. Here are 10 quick stats from weeks 1 to 8 of the 2015 NA LCS Spring Split. All statistics are drawn from the Oracle’s Elixir 2015 Spring Split Player Statistics page.
- Kills: TSM WildTurtle leads the league in kills at 99.
- Deaths: CST Cris has died more than anyone in NA, with 65 deaths.
- Damage to Champions: TSM Bjergsen has done the most total damage to champions (383,500), followed by GV Cop (352,200).
- Creep Score: GV Cop has the highest total CS this split (5.863), barely ahead of CLG DoubleLift’s 5,719.
- Gold per Minute: CLG DoubleLift has the highest average earned GPM* at 309.6.
- Gold Share: The ADC incarnation of WFX Altec gets the highest share of his team’s gold at 30%, followed by Cop’s 29%.
- Non-ADC Gold Share: The highest gold share for a non-ADC goes to TIP XiaoWeiXiao, who ranks 9th overall.
- Gold Lead @ 10 Minutes: The player with the highest average gold lead over their lane opponent at 10 minutes is TL Quas, with an average 318.8 gold lead, followed by TSM Bjergsen at 293.8. (Bonus Note: Bjergsen is the more consistent of the two, having never lost his lane match-up at 10 minutes, while Quas has been behind by 50+ gold twice.)
- Ward Placement: The Support incarnation of WFX Altec placed the most wards per minute on average (1.36), but among players with at least 10 games in their position, TL Xpecial places the most wards per minute at 1.29.
- Ward Clearing: WFX Altec, as Support, cleared 0.50 wards per minute on average, but among players with at least 10 games at their position, CLG Xmithie is the ward-clearing champion, at 0.39.
* Note: “earned” GPM excludes starting gold (475) and inherent gold-per-minute (1.9 per second, starting at 90 seconds). This statistic is also different from the one reported on lolesports.com because it is an average of all games, not an addition of all games, to reduce the influence of game length.
Supports: the gold-starved, under-the-radar ward bots of the bottom lane. Under-appreciated, underestimated, rarely celebrated…
Then they drop a Solar Flare or a Flash-Tibbers on your head.
The North American LCS is home to several respected, veteran Support players, from CLG’s Aphromoo and TSM’s Lustboy to Cloud9’s Keeper of the Notebook, LemonNation, and former All Star Xpecial from Team Liquid. There’s also a good collection of new, up-and-coming Supports who have had less time to earn themselves a reputation.
Among all of these, which NA Support actually provides the most value to his team? Let’s take a look at how NA’s Supports stack up statistically, using numbers from Weeks 1 to 8 of the 2015 Spring Split. Continue reading Best Support NA